When it comes to golf, choosing the right putter can make a big difference in your game. A well-fitted putter can help improve your accuracy and consistency on the green, but with so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are a few things to consider when looking for a putter that will fit your game:
1. Length: The length of your putter should be determined by your posture and stance. When you stand over the ball, your arms should hang naturally at your sides, and the putter should reach the ground without your having to bend over.
2. Lie angle: The lie angle is the angle between the shaft and the ground when the putter is placed on a flat surface. The right lie angle for you will depend on your posture and the way you strike the ball. A putter fitter can help you find the right lie angle for your game.
3. Head weight: The weight of the putter head can also affect your game. A heavier head can help you generate more power and distance, while a lighter head can help you with more control and feel.
4. Grip: The grip of your putter is also important. A grip that is too big or too small can affect your ability to control the club. Make sure to choose a grip that feels comfortable and secure in your hands.
5. Look and feel: Lastly, choose a putter that appeals to you visually and feels good in your hands. At the end of the day, you want to be comfortable and confident with your putter.
When you’re ready to purchase a new putter, it’s recommended to visit a reputable club fitter who can help you find the right putter for your game. They will use a combination of technology and expertise to help you find a putter that works well for your specific swing characteristics.
Overall, golf putter fitting is important for every golfer, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro. With the right putter, you’ll be able to make more putts and lower your scores on the course. So, take the time to find a putter that fits your game and you’ll be sure to see the difference on the green.
PUTTER FITTING FAQS
FOLLOW @CUSTOMLAB.GOLF ON INSTAGRAM